Friday, May 21, 2010

Gloria Romero: My Vote

I have been researching Senator Gloria Romero who is a candidate for the california Superintendent of public Instruction. She is a person that seems committed to what she wants, and she is experience. She has been part of many committees and has been in charge of several legislations. Her website was somewhat complicated, because it did not have some information needed. It did not have a list of her endorsements, which makes it difficult to see who supports her and who doesn't. I saw some articles that said that she was in the lead, but i am not sure if I would vote for her. I would first like to get a list of her endorsements, and more information on her platform. I do know that she wants to increase the funding for schools, and to assure that the students are getting enough teaching and prepared for college. She is also focused on reforming schools, so that there is less school drop out students, and more parent involvement. I think this would be helpful so that mor students get a higher chance at reaching sucess. Her largest opponent is Tom Torlakson, and i believe that i would consider him. His website is more organized and provides all the information necessary in his page. The only reason why I think I won't vote for Torklason because he does not seem as prepared as the others, he is more focused on nutrition. Larry Aceves convinced me because he wants to make school funding equal, and because he has more experience in the education system. So I think I would vote for Aceves.

No comments:

Post a Comment